London Waldorf School is a family of loving educators, students and families.
Join our dynamic team of teachers and staff by applying for a position below:
Licensed Preschool Assistant
The Licensed Preschool Assistant is responsible for sharing the carrying of a group of children ranging in age from 32 to 54 months.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Waldorf Teacher Education certification or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
- Ability to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
- Physical ability to attend to children’s needs.
- An understanding of child development from an Anthroposophical point of view.
- Flexibility to increase hours if enrolment necessitates.
- Food Handler certificate
- First Aid certification
- Supporting the program created by the teacher based on Waldorf Pedagogy.
- Responding in an age appropriate manner when addressing the needs of the young child.
- Fulfilling work requirements in accordance with the agreed upon daily schedule.
- Participating in curriculum and pedagogical review of program with the teacher and communicating observations of children to teacher.
- Participation in regular parent evenings and/or parent interviews if teacher deems it necessary.
- We encourage attendance at weekly early childhood faculty meetings and participation in outreach, i.e. open houses or play mornings.
- Working independently when the need arises and assuming responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
- Supporting and participating in planning, preparing and celebrating all festivals and class picnics.
- Maintaining an orderly and clean classroom in accordance with the standards set by the Ministry of Health.
- Maintaining required program documentation.
Hours of Work and Compensation
The usual hours of work are 8:45 am to 3:30 pm each weekday that school is in session with a 1 to 1.25 hour unpaid lunch. Flexibility to work until 4 pm and possibly up to 5:30 pm on any given day is an asset.
This contract is to cover a maternity leave which we anticipate will begin January 2018 and end on June 23, 2018, with the possibility that it will be extended until at least December 2018 and possibly until June 2019. The end date is variable due to the fact that an employee on maternity leave may legally elect to return sooner than they had originally anticipated as long as they give four weeks’ notice.
The rate of pay is $17.24 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. Currently, the Ministry is offering a $2/hour wage subsidy which would be paid out over and above this hourly rate for any hours worked in our licensed care programs.
If you are interested in this position, please indicate your interest by emailing the Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview. You must be legally able to work in Canada.
Posting closes on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
We are seeking warm and enthusiastic supply teachers for our school which extends from a licensed toddler program to grade eight.
RECE Supply Teacher
The RECE Supply teacher helps to provide a nurturing and supportive environment for young children.
- RECE Certification
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (obtained within 6 months of applying for position)
- Standard First Aid with CPR level-C Certificate
- Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Minimum two years’ experience in a licensed care facilitiy preferred
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Recognize and respond to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Share in the responsibility for implementing age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Ensure the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Observe and record relevant information on each child's progress as required
- Share responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assist with toy/equipment disinfecting
- Share responsibility for maintaining the play environments and storage areas in an organized and clutter-free condition
How to Apply:
We encourage supply teacher applicants to attend one of our semi-monthly tours to learn more about our school. Please email Mel Quevillon, our Enrolment Coordinator, at email@example.com to make arrangements for this.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to our Supply List Coordinator, Jessica Deakin, at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting her know the date you will be attending a tour.
* No phone calls or walk-ins, please.