London Waldorf School is a family of loving educators, students and families.
Join our dynamic team of teachers and staff by applying for a position below:
Grade Six Lead Teacher
Time and Compensation
This position is to cover a maternity leave from April 30th to June 30th, 2018. There is great potential for this position to be extended in part or full for an additional 6-10 months, and candidates with the flexibility to do so will be prioritized.
Initially, this position involves an 86% teaching load and comes with a monthly salary of $2,615 to $2,876, depending on experience. LWS employees are eligible to receive health and dental benefits, 3% pension plan contributions, and tuition remission, after 3 months of employment at 70% or more.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Waldorf teacher training and experience
- A Bachelor of Education
- The ability to teach a variety of subjects to various ages of children
- Availability to come observe the classroom before the position starts
- Willingness to work with the current teacher to create a successful transition and academic year
It is necessary for all applicants to have Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status.
Founded in 1980, our school has 165 students in a variety of programs including our Licensed Childcare, Kindergartens, Grades One to Eight, and the Homeschooling Visitor Day. Additional families join our daily Parent and Child programs.
We have a stable, strong and mutually supportive faculty with a good mix of experienced and new teachers of all ages. The Faculty, Board of Trustees and Parent Association enjoy a solid working relationship.
We are an accredited member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and the National Council for Private School Accreditation.
If you are interested in this position, please indicate your interest by emailing the Personnel Committee at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview. You must be legally able to work in Canada.
Posting closes on Friday, December 22, 2017.
We are seeking warm and enthusiastic supply teachers for our school which extends from a licensed toddler program to grade eight.
RECE Supply Teacher
The RECE Supply teacher helps to provide a nurturing and supportive environment for young children.
- RECE Certification
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (obtained within 6 months of applying for position)
- Standard First Aid with CPR level-C Certificate
- Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Minimum two years’ experience in a licensed care facilitiy preferred
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Recognize and respond to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Share in the responsibility for implementing age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Ensure the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Observe and record relevant information on each child's progress as required
- Share responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assist with toy/equipment disinfecting
- Share responsibility for maintaining the play environments and storage areas in an organized and clutter-free condition
How to Apply:
We encourage supply teacher applicants to attend one of our semi-monthly tours to learn more about our school. Please email Mel Quevillon, our Enrolment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for this.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to our Supply List Coordinator, Jessica Deakin, at email@example.com, letting her know the date you will be attending a tour.
* No phone calls or walk-ins, please.