Deadlines for Registration for the 2018-19 School Year
For Students Enrolled as of December 31, 2017
Current families who would like to maintain their child’s spot in our Toddler, Preschool or Kindergarten programs, have until February 28th to return their:
- signed tuition agreement
- post-dated cheques (unless paying by automatic withdrawal)
- registration deposit ($250 per child to a maximum of $500)
- ATP forms and supporting documentation (if applicable)
This year, we have a limited number of 2-day, 3-day and 5-day spots in our ECE program and they are filled on a first come, first served basis starting February 1st. If you have a need for a specific number of days, we strongly encourage you to return your tuition agreement as soon as possible after receiving it.
Anyone not signing back their tuition agreement by the end of February will lose their priority and will be placed at the end of the waitlist if and when they return their tuition agreement.
After February 28th spots will be offered to applicants in the wait pool. Parents will be notified of an available spot by phone and will be given three business days to sign a tuition agreement. This process may take up to March 27th.
For All Applications
All paperwork must be complete and the application fee paid for the application to be considered.
Teachers will review all applications and then schedule an interview.
All applications received are subject to an interview and determination by the Teacher that the child is ready for the program, the family is willing to work with the Waldorf philosophy, and that the school is able to meet the needs of the child. Students accepted into the program will be offered a place in class if one is available or be placed in the wait pool if not.
Families are required to complete a financial contract and submit a deposit of $250 per child up to a maximum of $500 per family within three (3) business days of receiving notification that the child has been accepted in order to secure their space in class. The tuition adjustment process may be entered into at this point if required.
Unsecured spaces will be opened to the wait pool.
Families in the wait pool will be notified as soon as a space becomes available. At any time, a family could ascertain the position of their child in the wait pool without violating the privacy and confidentiality of others.
Accessible Tuition Program (ATP)
In order to be eligible for a tuition adjustment, families must remit all ATP paperwork within 14 calendar days of receiving notification that the child has been accepted. Also, the fee adjustment conversation must take place and the contract must be finalized before the child joins the class.
For children applying to the Early Years Program (but not including Senior Kindergarten), where the proposed fee adjustment would result in the actual agreement amount for that child being less than 30% of full tuition, a spot cannot be guaranteed at the time of application. Spots will be offered on a lottery basis after March 31st (if there is a spot available).
Wait Pool Policy
London Waldorf School has written this policy with the following considerations in mind: fair and timely assessment of applications, and creating healthy classes with a view to long-term enrollment stability. We do not accept fees to be placed in our wait pool.
Parents with children on the waitlist and whose applications are under consideration are encouraged to learn more about Waldorf education and to attend parent education talks and introductory events.
Programs offered at London Waldorf School have limited spaces available, and as such, we are not always able to accommodate all applicants. In order to ensure we do not exceed our capacity in a given program, applications for the next school year, as well as mid-year applications for full classes, are placed in a wait pool.
Regulations in our CCEYA-legislated Licensed Care Programs and London Waldorf School policies affect various aspects of the number and make-up of each classroom environment, thereby affecting the wait pool.
Generally, the school utilizes the following criteria to determine the wait pool ranking:
- Students already enrolled in licensed care, kindergarten or grades programs on December 31st will have first priority in the program recommended by their child’s teacher for the subsequent year. The teacher will consult with the parents prior to making this recommendation.
- Parents of currently enrolled students who wish to newly enrol a sibling in our school’s regular program (not including those attending our Home Schooling Visitor Day or the Parent and Child classes) and faculty members wishing to newly enroll their child will have second priority.
- Third priority is given to families of children who enrol in the current year after December 31st, but before February 1st.
- Fourth priority is extended to students enrolled in our Home Schooling Visitor Day or Parent and Child classes.
- Families who are new to the school are given fifth priority.
- Exceptions to the above criteria are approved by both the Early Childhood Education Chairperson and Administrative Chairperson or designates.
Access to Wait Pool
Families who have chosen to be placed in a wait pool may contact the Enrolment Coordinator to inquire about the current composition of the wait pool for their student’s age level. In order to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all families in the wait pool, access to the full wait pool will not be permitted.