Join our dynamic faculty by applying for a position below:
Director of Administration
London Waldorf School, a vibrant, non-profit, Toddler-to-Grade-8 school community, seeks applicants for the position of Director of Administration. The ideal candidate demonstrates a balance between strong management skills and the ability to perform the day-to-day tasks of supporting a social enterprise.
The Director of Administration carries the vision of the school together with the pedagogical leaders, providing leadership and oversight for all of the non-teaching activity in the school. This position reports to and works closely with the Board of Trustees as an ex-officio member of the Board.
The Director of Administration ensures policies and procedures are followed and regularly reviewed for effectiveness in the following areas:
- business management
- facilities management
- communications and development
- compliance and risk management.
- oversight of the various administrative issues that arise day to day
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong understanding of organizational development
- Experience with budgets and fiscal management
- Experience with managing people, mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and experience with facilitation, meeting and mediation skills
- Knowledge and experience with working in a non-profit organization
- Understanding of Waldorf education and/or working in an educational environment would be an asset
- Post-Secondary Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience in management preferred
- Visionary leader
- Self-motivated, honest and ethical
- Able to work well with colleagues and groups
- Cultivates flexibility and open-mindedness
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and maintain accountability
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrates warmth and humour
This is a permanent, 35+ hour-per-week position. The salary range is between $38,629 and $42,492 plus health and dental benefits, pension plan, 6 weeks of vacation, and tuition remission for any children attending our school.
Please forward your application, by December 18th, to:
Ruth Baer, Administrative Chairperson, at [email protected]
Please be advised that:
- A clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening must be provided prior to starting work.
- Due to the expected high volume of applications, only the most qualified applicants will be contacted.
***Note: at this time, we are not accepting volunteer applications due to COVID.
Thank you so much for your willingness to give of your time to volunteer at London Waldorf School!
The first step is to fill out the Volunteer Application and submit by emailing [email protected]
Next, we ask that you participate in one of the school tours which are offered every other Thursday at 8:30 am. Our Enrolment Coordinator will contact you to arrange this with you.
The third step will be to have an interview with our Learning Volunteer Coordinator, Sandra Paterson, directly following the tour. This meeting helps us determine if there is a good match between your skills and availability and our needs. If there is a match, Sandra will give you a package of forms which need to be completed and returned, along with a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening completed in the last 6 months.
Once we have all of the paperwork in place and a volunteer placement has been arranged, Sandra will contact you.
Thank you again for your interest in our school. We look forward to meeting you.